Hazardous Waste Day
Canyons Cabriolet parking lot
Saturday, September 30, 9 am – 1 pm
FREE Summit County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on Saturday, September 30, 2023 from 9 AM to 1 PM at the Canyons Cabriolet parking lot.
One of our primary goals is to keep toxic chemicals and heavy metals out of our environment. When toxic materials like mercury, lead, and pesticides end up in the landfill they leach into the ground and into your drinking water.
Summit County Residents only. NO businesses and yes, we can tell if you’re a business!
WHAT WE’RE ACCEPTING:
- Paints, varnishes, solvents
- Motor oil, antifreeze
- All types of batteries
- Household cleaners
- Fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Propane and white gas fuel cylinders
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs)
- Electronic waste: computers, monitors, TVs, cell phones, laptops, cables (must be able to carry TVs using 1 person only)
- All mercury-containing items
- Mattresses (for $20/item fee)
We are accepting BIKES!
In partnership with the Bicycle Collective and Sunrise Rotary, we will be taking bikes (all conditions) Bikes will either be sold to fund the Collective’s charitable programs; some are donated to adults and children in need. All pieces that are unusable will be recycled.
Special thanks to Recycle Utah, Park City Municipal, Summit County, Snyderville Basin Water Reclamation District, and Park City Sunrise Rotary for making this event possible!