Donating your time is one of the most valuable ways you can support Recycle Utah.
If you would like to join us, please contact us at (435) 649-9698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering with Recycle Utah means getting fresh air, burning calories, and making your community cleaner and greener. You can learn about re-use, recycling, composting, water conservation, and so much more while you’re here.
Our warmest thanks to our weekly, monthly, seasonal, and special event volunteers! We are so grateful for your help and your time.
Don’t have the time to volunteer, but want to join us socially, check out our events calendar!
All Volunteer Guidelines
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years old or accompanied by an adult
- All shifts are a minimum of 2 hours, and should be scheduled in advance by calling (435) 649-9698.
- Most work is usually done outdoors, dress accordingly. Closed toed shoes are required.
- Water is provided, please bring your own reusable water bottle.
- No Call No Show Policy: If you are on our calendar to volunteer, we are counting on you and will save you a spot. We only have a limited amount of spots available daily. If you are unable to make it, you need to call us (or leave a voicemail) at (435) 6490-9698. Multiple failures to communicate can result in inability to come back.
COMMUNITY Service Volunteers
- We are a registered 501(c)3 organization, tax ID 87-0480848
- You may perform any ordered community service hours and we will document the hours and provide proof on official letterhead.
- We do not provide documentation for incomplete hours or work in progress.
- Community Service volunteers are expected to stay busy on tasks, support and take direction from staff.
CENTER VOLUNTEERS (work at our facility)
- Assist in operations such as sorting and baling
- Help the public by directing recyclers and answering questions
- Answer phones and help keep the office organized
- Help clean up the center (sweeping around bins, compacting cardboard, organizing our re-use Warehouse, etc.)
- Help with mass mailings
- Elementary Education – in schools (possible background check required)
- Water Festival for 5th grade students (possible background check required)
- Summer Camp (possible background check required)
- Green Business Program
- Green Drinks event support
SPECIAL EVENT VOLUNTEERS
- Earth Day
- 100 Mile Meal
- Dumpster Days
- Hazardous Waste Collection
- Holiday Recycling
COMMUNITY CLEAN UP EVENTS
Our community is proud that we take it upon ourselves to clean up and make our home even more beautiful than it already is. Regularly scheduled cleanups begin in Spring of each year and run until around Halloween (depending on snow), check our events page to join us for organized clean up events.
Want to pick up litter with your own group?
Groups can rent out trash grabbers, vests and bags from Recycle Utah! Call us at (435) 649-9698 or email email@example.com to reserve some trash grabbers anytime. Grabbers are free of charge to rent, we just ask that you return them when you are done so others can use them too!